| Types || |
| Roles |
| Sequences || BBa_K777001_sequence (Version 1)|
The transmembrane chemoreceptor Tar of E. coli
mediates chemotaxis towards aspartate.
Here we used a set of 8 constitutive Anderson promoters
from the 2006 Berkeley group to test how different levels of constitutive flhDC
expression affect the motility of E. coli
- Genomic sequence was amplified using the following primers.
- Primers PCR: Base pairs in caps represent the respective restriction sites followed by either prefix or suffix. Primers were provided by SIGMA.
- Fwd: Tar for + prefix: 5?? actGAATTCgcggccgctTCTAGAtgattaaccgtatccgcgtagtc 3??
- Rev: Tar rev + suffix: 5?? tcCTGCAGcggccgctACTAGTcaaaatgtttcccagtttggatc 3??
- One XbaI site was found at position 420. The restriction site was changed from TCTAGt to CCTAGt via QuikChange PCR.
- Primers QuikChange (QC): Primers were provided by SIGMA.
- Fwd: TarQC for: 5?? ACTGATTGATTAcCTAGATTATGGCAATACTGGAG 3??
- Rev: TarQC rev: 5?? TGCCATAATCTAGgTAATCAATCAGTTCAGTTAAC 3??
(the uncapitalized letter induces the mutation for removal of the XbaI site)
Source*The part was amplified from genomic DNA of E. coli str. K-12 substr. DH10B, complete genome (CP000948.1).
*J23100 information was taken from the partsregistry and physical DNA from the 2012 distribution kit.